Welcome to cluster analysis for marketing
This website is designed to assist students in understanding how cluster analysis can be used to form viable market segments. It is primarily designed as a learning resource for marketing students, but the general information and the free Excel cluster analysis template would be suitable for use by students and practitioners of most disciplines to help better understand data clustering.
My background is in marketing, research and data mining – and and I have taught marketing metrics at a major university, and also run numerous websites relating to marketing and metrics – click here to see my full bio.
Important pages to review
The website has been organized into distinctive sections – here is is an overview of the important topics and pages that will help you understand and use cluster analysis for marketing purposes …
- The Excel cluster analysis worksheet, available for free download
- How to use the spreadsheet
- How to interpret the outputs
- How to form market segments
- Several videos on using the template and interpreting the results
- Understanding cluster analysis from a marketing perspective
- Review a fully worked example of creating market segments from raw data
- The technical and statistical aspects of understanding cluster analysis and how it works
Browse through the top menu – you should find most of the information you need to run cluster analysis for marketing and segmentation purposes.
Contact me for any questions
Good luck with your clustering, and if you have any questions please contact me by email.